Current Status (1.9.18) Dry Docked for the Winter
This is Sailing Yacht Fitz Roy HBY4707. We are sailing from 15.4.2018 to 31.08.2018 in the Mediterranean and Atlantic. We are two person permanent crew with occasional extra crew. This page is intended for search and rescue operators (see vessel identification and communications below) and our friends and emergency contacts (what to do if we are missing).
If we are missing (or you think we are) follow these steps:
- Please check this link to see where we currently are: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:5052874/zoom:14
There is a time stamp for every position report. If you don’t find our location we might be out of reach or there is a simple technical problem.
- If you are concerned try our cellphone +49 157 565 20 676. If you can’t reach us we have no reception. Don’t worry.
- Send us an email to email@example.com; We will check our email every 12 hours when out on longer passages.
- If you have further reasons to be worried contact Rescue Coordination Centre Zurich +41 58 654 39 38 (ops@@rega.ch), they are the first point of contact for Switzerland registered yachts and will help you find the closest MRCC (according to our last known position) wich again will help inquire about the whereabouts of our ship.
- The information on this page is all they need, send this link svfitzroy.com/sar to the involved rescue authorities by email.
- Remember: Search and Rescue operations at sea are very expensive. Do not initiate any rescue operation if you are not certain that we are missing. Our boat is extremely well equipped and the chance that we disappear without being able to contact rescue authorities by our selfs is highly unlikely.
Information for Search and Rescue Operators
Name and Port: Fitz Roy, Basel (CH)
Registration: www.smno.ch Reg.Nr. 06399
Year Make Model: 1992, Hallberg Rassy 36
Type, Material: Sloop, Fiberglass
Hull, Color: White with blue decorative stripe, teakdeck
Prominent Features: Radar Pole / Solar Panel Arch at Rear
Engine: Volvo Penta 55hp inboard, 350lt Diesel
MMSI (for DSC): 269105780
DSC: VHF and MF/HF DSC watch,
Voice: VHF CH16 voice watch, MF/HF voice capabilities with prior DSC call (no voice watch)
Cell: +49 157 56520676
Onboard Email (pactor) firstname.lastname@example.org
AIS Transponder (Vesper Marine XB6000)
EPIRB with HEX Code 21A433A680FFBFF
Personal AIS MOB (Ocean Signal MOB1) in PFD
Liferaft Plastimo Transocean Plus 4p 24+ hrs.
Radar, Charts, GPS, 20kg Anchor w/ 80m chain.
Persons on Board (2 permanent)
Operator: Alexander Wyssling, 4.4.1986
Zurichbergstrasse 28 CH-8032 Zurich
Permanent Crew: Paula Liszko, 9.12.1978
Nordstrasse 318 CH-8032 Zurich
Primary 24-Hour Emergency Contact:
Walter Wyssling, (mobile) +41799196421,
(home) +41448254033, (work) +41583872413
Secondary 24-Hour Emergency Contact:
Stephan Rüegg, (mobile) +41798123729